
Hindsight is always 20/20 isn’t it---I mean, this track seemed typical enough back when it got dropped as a single, especially given the sexy music video (part of which was shot in black & white) which starred Mr. Michael as a furry taxi driver who is smoking cigarettes in every scene and pursuing some stunning brunette, high-fashion model. Granted, the sexual nuances inherent to lyrics like, “…that's all I wanted, but sometimes love can be mistaken for a crime…I will be your father figure, put your tiny hand in mine; I will be your preacher, teacher, anything you have in mind… I'll be your daddy, whoa, I will be the one who loves you, ‘til the end of time…” can be construed to fit both gay & straight relationship templates, but given the entire circus of fun that was Wham, maybe we shouldn’t have been so surprised. At any rate, this song is the definition of ethereal sensuality, from the finger-snaps to the breathy vocal delivery to the moody piano---it all screams sweaty fucking on the floor & blow jobs by candlelight.
