
The band’s image transformation was complete by this, their debut full-length album for Rubin & Simmons’ Def Jam Records; gone were any signs of their past hardcore roots or brush with post-punk beats, leaving only the classic rock samples used on this album to let the listener know the direction they came into hip-hop from. This track is one of my all-time favorites of theirs, working in samples from no less than 6 different songs, spewing easy rhymes in their nasal Jew style; I’m partial to this track because they speak so openly about their love for getting high on PCP, “…well I'm cruising, I'm bruising, I'm never ever losing; I'm in my car, I'm going far, and dust is what I'm using…”, but they also have no shame about the fact that they are hitting that base to keep a balance, “…pump it up homeboy, just don't stop, Chef Boy-Ar-Dee cooling on the pot; I take no slack cause I got the knack, and I'm never dusting out cause I torch that crack…” They only got better after this effort, but a small juvenile part of me will always adore this album for the American-male pubescent prophesy that it was.
