from the 12” single, Moving Shadow Records, 1993All you Quentin Tarantino fans out there will instantly recognize the howling alarm in this track from fight scenes within his memorable Kill Bill movie series---now you also know the original track he pinched it from, and knowing is half the battle (go ahead and break into the G.I. Joe theme song, I know you already have). My first encounter with this came back in 1993, not at some rave or nightclub, but thanks to Moonshine Records’ excellent Speed Limit 140+ BPM series; I had volumes 1 – 3 on CD and used to play them all the time. ‘Cloud 9’ was but one of Londoner Gavin Cheung’s many aliases, and he was responsible for creating some of the most memorable breakbeat tracks of that time; he has since transitioned into the jungle arena and is still dropping new records to this day.
