11 November, 2009

In the Bush

from the LP Keep On Jumpin, Prelude Records, 1978



This notorious Patrick Adam’s production leaves precious little to the imagination, “…I’d like to do the things you like to do, too, I’d like to do it do it; I want to do the things you want to do, too, so baby let’s get to it…are you ready, are you ready for this, do ya like it, do ya like it like this…push push, in the bush, push push, in the bush…you know I want to get down…” For this reason, the song was banned from most radio stations, dooming it to relative obscurity outside of nightclubs, where its predictable popularity sent the single to the top of Billboard’s dance charts. For my part, to carry along with the gratuitous nature of the song, I am a big fan of bush---feels good & looks good. The recent trend of pubic shaving is revolting to me, the end product either resembling pre-pubescence or the elderly in appearance; thus, I send this song out to inspire the world unto a more natural vibe, recalling the overwhelming majority of human history which had razors working all over our bodies but decidedly not, “…in the bush…”