14 November, 2009

Moist Vagina

from the 12” All Apologies, Geffen Records, 1993



Excepting for that week which followed the announcement of Cobain’s death, I didn’t really listen to any of my Nirvana albums for a while afterwards, a fact which I didn’t even realize until I popped Bleach in my car a few years ago and it was like getting punched in the face it felt so new. I think his suicide upset me more than I initially let on, and the latent effect was my shelving of those tunes for a period of time; meanwhile, my path changed dramatically, the rave scene altered my life for a while and rock music in general wasn’t heard around my home that much, for years actually. At any rate, I’m happy to be enjoying Nirvana’s music again, sifting through the influences more clearly, basking in his bleak sense of humor. The lyrics to this particular song are a good example of that light-heartedness, “…she has a moist vagina, I particularly enjoy the circumference; I've been sucking the walls of her anus, anilingus…I prefer her to any other, Marijuana, Marijuana, Marijuana…” Is it a graphically indulgent ode to freshly harvested sensi, or was Kurt letting us know that he liked to rim out his girl’s ass when he got stoned? We may never know, but I’m grateful for the quandary just the same.