from the 7” single, Tapecar Records, 1971
Cutting smoothly between fierce jazz-funk, breezy bossa nova & full tilt samba-soul, this Brazilian burner by singer Rosa Maria keeps me coming back for more every time---I think the tambourine during the chorus seals the deal. This song is tight without feeling the least bit stuffy, familiar but somehow twisted & new, as refreshing as drinking a fucking caipirinha on the strip at Ipanema beach in Rio! Considering the size of their population, one has to imagine that crusty record stores across that vast nation must hold an infinite array of ‘70s fusion treats like this, so it’s no wonder that Brazil has continued to be a crate-diggers destination for decades. The title of this song loosely translates to “let’s not leave”, and I gotta tell you, if I was at some joint right now with a full live band jamming on shit like this, I wouldn’t leave until the sun came up.