from the 12” single, Wall Of Sound Records, 2001Fittingly enough, this track first came to me care of a freebie CD included with Mojo magazine, and its trancelike new wave attack has never let go of me---I admit, being a nerd sociologist makes me more inclined to connect with this song’s title (many varying post-modern realities encased in that one), but the music holds up, and Paper Faces do a phenomenal job with the remix here, sounding almost like a mashup of Daft Punk & early New Order (that bassline could easily be one of Peter Hooks). I’m an accomplished magazine whore, which I rationalize by continuing to read challenging novels as well, but there really are some top publications still kicking around that give me hours of shameless, page-turning satisfaction, even amidst all the horribly vapid crap: Wax Poetics, Mojo, Wallpaper, Dazed, Anthem, and others as well. Zoot Woman crafted a real winner here, and their early releases have surely served as inspiration to the current crop of chill-wave acts.
