20 April, 2010

Weedking

from the LP Propeller, self-released, 1992



Happy holidays to all you stoners out there! Being a teacher, I have to keep a low profile today---as I mentioned last year, I have numerous students who will, no doubt, be attending the local smokeout & other 4-20 festivities. That’s alright though, I’m with all of you in spirit (I’m sure they already guess this), and in a place of deep stoned-ness. What is it about this divine plant cannabis?! “…and if it all goes well we'll laugh a lot, and then we'll all take photographs, of what we made…” It’s amazing how this modern global marijuana culture can validate one another so quickly now, posting pics and video footage of toking celebrations spanning the globe as they take place, the whole world getting baked…well, those that puff anyways. Robert Pollard and GBV were always avowed boozehounds, but this song of theirs confirms the assumption that they were, indeed, also confirmed heads. Party safely my dear Honey-fiends, and bask in the warm glow of a collective high, “…for the dreams of the weed king we all sing…”