26 April, 2010

Rock Creek Park

from the LP City Life, Fantasy Records, 1975



Let’s face it, having sex in the outdoors is, well, GREAT (squares, go home); thus, the key to a successful tryst au natural really comes down to careful discretion in picking the location, and be that in the mountains or at the beach, the forest or the pasture, the paramount concern during planning need be privacy from other humans---well, unless you are seeking to get caught, in which case, good luck with that (I’m not judging exhibitionism here, ‘different strokes…’ and all that, but there are appropriate places to be watched by individuals whom you can be sure actually want to see you naked). The first time I fooled around at the beach was exhilarating, hearing the waves crashing and birds squaking above---in all honesty, it took me a little bit to loosen up, but it was magnificent. This oft-sampled, lusty little number from Donald Byrd’s backing crew the Blackbyrds extols the raptures to be had, “…doing it in the park, doing it after dark, oh yeah…”; Rock Creek Park is a real place, more than twice the size of Central Park and located inside our nation’s capital. I would be remiss if I didn’t share the following advice, having contributed the above story: if you plan on fucking at the beach, either bring your own lounge chair or steal one from a condo beachfront, because trust me, a towel or two is NOT enough to keep things pleasureable (re: sand)---we also found that some people keep there catamarans locked up on the beach, and those are astonishingly functional as well, although ethically murkier I suppose, being responsible adults now…