from the LP Unconquered People, Tuff Gong Records, 1979Sometimes we all get a little hot under the collar, some of us more than others (whoops; but I am just as fast to get over it), and often that rapid-fire release of adrenal rage is nothing more than projection---in that, perhaps we’re more drawn to exogenous examples of our own personal shortcomings, leaving us primed to judge that which we can negatively relate to both quicker & harsher than other things that annoy us. It’s a continual process of refinement, one which I readily admit still escapes me from time to time, but the humility comes faster each & every time you try to get better (even when you screw up for that matter). Izzy Vibe’s prayer here is equally fitting for both planning ahead & post repentance, “…give I grace in the morning, give I grace at noon, give I grace in the evening, and keep my heart in tune…” Amen brothers & sisters!
